On 10/31/2017 4:51 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
And once again we see the folly of the words "implementation choice" when trying to come up with a coherent DNS.

The full quote makes the situation murkier: it is a combination of implementation choice plus configuration options. Some folks on this list strongly prefer that, others strongly don't.

My main and only desire when querying the DNS is that given the same inputs to the system you should always get the same output. Getting different answers on something that's as important as security because you queried different implementations  continues to seem to be to be a bad idea.

Having a standard default (which was not what this was) and having configuration options to change it for good reason is different than "which to use is a matter of implementation choice".

Later, Mike