Brian Dickson <brian.peter.dick...@gmail.com>于2017年11月3日周五 上午3:58写道:

> (Apologies for neither top- nor bottom- posting, i.e. not quoting any
> other emails.)
>
> There are corner cases which exist, where desired behavior of some
> resolvers is not possible to achieve.
>
> This mostly has to do with constraints where "local policy" may have more
> than one scope.
>
> I.e. Inside a big enough org, there may be a "large" local policy which
> conflicts with local policy of  smaller sub-orgs.
>
> Here's an example:
> - Suppose an enterprise E has perimeter resolvers, which do not validate
> DNSSEC.
> - Suppose that E blocks DNS traffic to the outside world, except from
> those perimeter resolvers.
> - Now suppose a small org within E, call it E-prime, deploys DNSSEC using
> its own local trust anchor.
>
> The issue has to do with not only which trust anchor is preferred for any
> given portion of the DNS tree, but also whether the policy of "validation"
> applies, and with what scope.
>
> There may be other corner cases, but the main point is that the above
> scenario does not depend on any notion of "split DNS" per se. The E-prime
> element is, for sake of argument, still globally resolvable, but happens to
> be an "island of security". There is no split DNS.

no split DNS +1

very hard work: maintain many trust anchors like TLS CA, make sure
information automate update in global recursive resolvers.

limit local policy: special zone publish its own trust anchor, a small sets
of recursive resolvers configure to trust it, similar with some local root
hints for short rescue time. (if software support)

> I think the question may boil down to the following:
> - What local policies might operators need to configure?
> - What advice to implementers can be provided, given the possible
> complexities of what operators need?
> - Does it make sense to formalize (or at least categorize) policy logic?
> - What defaults are likely to maximize "correct" behavior, and/or minimize
> failures?
> - E.g. suppose the presence of trust anchors in non-5011 configuration
> files, vs trust anchors in 5011 configuration files, and suppose multiple
> trust anchors. Is the mere existence of a trust anchor sufficient to signal
> intent, or is it always the case that some policy needs to be declared over
> the combination of all existing trust anchors?
>
> Brian

致礼  Best Regards

潘蓝兰  Pan Lanlan