On 3/21/2018 11:17 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
Much of the discussion of the current topic -- previously and now -- has tended to stray from the pragmatics, whereas that is the only thinking driving my concerns and suggestions.  In particular, some people seem to have a mystical -- or equally impractical -- view of how name collisions will be avoided between independent registries making assignments out of the same name space.

I prefer to take as simple an approach as possible: have a single registry control all allocations out of a name space.

It occurs to me that some folk might not have a perfect memory of a dnsop working group agreement from Aug, 2017. So here's a tag into it:

   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg20708.html

d/

--
Dave Crocker