On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:17:08PM -0400, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
> Congratulations on an extremely short, to the point draft.  I think that's
> the shortest I've ever read.

Indeed! I hesitate to offer trivial rephrasing suggestions because it
might represent such a significant percentage of the final text you'd have
to give me co-author credit. :)

That said, however, "No response...means" is ambiguous: it could be read
as "[there is] no response [which] means".  So I suggest rephrasaing
section 2 as:

  The failure of a server to respond in any way to repeateded DNS queries
  containing EDNS OPT records indicates that the server is not a DNS
  responder. The querier MUST treat this server as nonresponsive, and
  MUST NOT retry queries without EDNS.

Or something like that.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org