Hi,

Tim has poked me and Paul W. that WG have actually accepted Algorithm
Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for DNSSEC as a working group
document.

I have updated the draft and submitted is as a WG document and meanwhile it
sits there patiently for WG chair approval, you can look at the github version
meanwhile:

https://github.com/oerdnj/draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update

Pull/Merge Requests, Issues, etc. are welcome.

The most of the work done between the last version and this is:

* Removal of MUST-, SHOULD+, etc…
* Upgrade the urgency of deploying ECC
* Separate operational recommendations for default algorithm to ECDSAP256SHA256
* Deprecation of ECC-GOST (that actually happened elsewhere, so we reflect it
here)

I also squeezed paragraph about DS algorithm upgrade to operational
considerations based on Roy Arends’ presentation.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý
ond...@isc.org