On 03/28/2018 05:19 PM, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:55:13AM -0400, tjw ietf wrote:
I would say that most things we have adopted in the past few years do have
some implementations to reference.
Not when drafts are adopted, but generally before we head to WGLC I've
always wanted to see someone
who implemented the option in some manner.

But yes, agree.

I'd raise the bar even higher, to see complete implementation in a major
open source DNS implementation when it applies. Sometimes implementation
problems are very revealing (client-subnet should have gone through
this).

As mentioned in the meeting, I am in favor of requiring implementations before drafts become standards.

However, I would be opposed to limit acceptable implementations to the few major open source DNS implementations (define major). It should be acceptable for other organizations or just persons to contribute a reference implementation.

Best regards,

Matthijs

                Mukund