At Fri, 22 Jun 2018 16:00:51 -0400,
Paul Vixie <p...@redbarn.org> wrote:

> >> Minor clarification here: ANAME doesn't require the authoritative server
> >> itself to do recursion; it requires it to have access to a reursive
> >> server.
> >
> > I suppose, but that seems to me a distinction without a difference.
> > Either way we end up importing all of the failure modes of a recursive
> > server into an authoritative one.
>
> +1. authority servers cannot be coerce-able into doing work, whether
> it's computation, memory allocation, or external transactions like RDNS.

Also +1.  I've always thought there's no point in standardizing
ANAME-kind of thing unless its ultimate goal includes the
resolver-side support.  Of course it would take very long time and may
even turn out to be unsuccessful, but if we give up with the idea from
the beginning by stating 'not required, I wouldn't be able to support
the work.  So to me, this is not minor but quite critical.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya