On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:26:55PM -0400, Warren Kumari wrote:
> So, if I set both to use their (non-default) of SHA256 (and set the same
> secret:-)) do they actually generate compatible cookies?
> I'd guess / assume so, but I haven't tested this...

That's the intention.  Mukund recently pointed out a bug in the hash inputs
BIND is using, so it might not work right now.

We really should have a COOKIE bakeoff (worth doing for the pun alone) to
check for interoperability issues.  Montreal would seem like a good time
and place for it, but I'm not going to be able to attend this time, so I
can't volunteer to run it. If someone else wants to step in, that'd be
great.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.