On 14.09.18 00:55, Mark Andrews wrote:
I was testing TSIG with a well known key against TLD servers and got the
following response.  Once you get past the bad class field (reported to the
operator) there were a
number of other items:

* the tsig name does not match the request.
* the algorithm doesn’t match the algorithm in the request.
* time signed is not set.
* the fudge value is zero.

Should these match the request / be set for BADKEY?

Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have fixed the DNS class, the key and algorithm name. For the latter two, it makes some sense to return the values from the request. Regarding the time and fudge, I have currently left it to zero, as IMHO they have no meaning without having a signature. But I am open to conviction...

By the way, the parsing error of DiG seemed to be solely caused by the wrong class; after changing it to ANY, the RDATA was parsed and displayed correctly.

Regards,

Klaus