On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:53 AM Vittorio Bertola <vittorio.bertola=
40open-xchange....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> > Il 22 marzo 2019 alle 4.40 Christian Huitema <huit...@huitema.net> ha
> scritto:
> >
> > Much of the debate is on the second point. One position is that users
> should be forced to trust the DNS resolver provided by the local
> infrastructure. Another position is that users have the right to apply
> their own policy and decide which server they will trust, based on some
> configuration.
>
> I think this is a mischaracterization of the debate, which actually
> started because of a third position that you don't mention: Mozilla's
> public statement that in the future they will force (or, at least, make as
> a default - clarification requests haven't solved the doubt yet) Firefox
> users to use a remote resolver chosen within a shortlist that they will
> manage.

I'm not sure where you have attempted to clarify this point (I think we've
been clear on this point at
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/05/a-cartoon-intro-to-dns-over-https/)

Regardless of what the default is, users will be able to disable DoH.

-Ekr