At Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:44:37 +0200,
Matthijs Mekking <matth...@pletterpet.nl> wrote:

> I would like to start separate threads on the remaining issues of the
> ANAME draft. One issue that remains to be solved is whether having an A
> or AAAA record next to the ANAME should take precedence or not.
>
>   Draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-aname/
>   Issue: https://github.com/each/draft-aname/issues/58
[...]
> Jan Včelák mentioned that at least NS1 uses a different order of
> priority: If an sibling address record exists next to the ANAME it takes
> precedence and no target lookup is done for that address record type.

Is this choice #2 of the github issue #58?

>> sibling address records take precedence, don't to a target lookup for an
address type next to the ANAME.

I'm not sure what this means...if this approach is taken and an
authoritative server has these for an example.com zone:

a.example.com. ANAME another.example.org.
a.example.com. AAAA 2001:db8::1

then, does it always just return the AAAA RRset to a query for
a.example.com/AAAA, regardless of any possible changes to
another.example.org/AAAA?

How is that AAAA created in the first place?  (Is it taken from
another.example.org/AAAA or completely up to the example.com
maintainer?).

Also, especially if both AAAA and A sibling records are available,
what's the purpose of ANAME in the first place if it's (effectively)
not used?

I'm sure I'm just confused and don't understand the expected usage,
but I can't figure it out from the available descriptions.  Could you
clarify it?

--
JINMEI, Tatuya