Hi Evan!

On Jul 6, 2019, at 17:30, Evan Hunt <e...@isc.org> wrote:

> More recently, Witold Krecicki had a very similar idea for a mechanism to
> disseminate private key data between primary and secondary servers.  We
> talked it over and decided to expand the NOTE record semantics into a
> generic method for storing and transferring covert in-band zone data.

What's the use-case for using the DNS to transfer private key data?

At first glance it seems to me that there are a lot of alternative
mechanisms, many of which seem less likely to leak confidential data
than using a protocol that has only really ever been deployed to make
information public.

If there's a good reason to use the DNS for this your proposal seems
like a plausible way to do it (I haven't read it in detail, but you
know what you're doing and I'm sure it's good stuff). It's that first
if that gives me pause.

Joe