On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 3:57 PM Vladimír Čunát <vladimir.cunat+i...@nic.cz>
wrote:

> On 11/21/19 8:26 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > for example if ICANN delegates .zzz there will be interesting typo
> attacks possible in this weird private space
>
> In this respect .zz is at least better than .xx which was among the
> suggestions.
>
> > Finally, I agree. People want something semantic and more pronounceable..
>
> I don't think it's possible to satisfy completely all potential use
> cases with a single name.  Desire for being short was also stated by
> multiple people.

The draft specifically disclaims the semantic/pronounceable aspect.

IMHO, there is *no* reason not to advance both .zz and .internal:

   - .zz (for general non-human use cases, like automatically generating
   locally scoped, globally unique names, a use case I have for
   resolver/forwarder identity)
   - .internal (for humans)

Or basically, for the pronounceable use case, keep that separate and do in
another place, don't really care where/how (e.g. .internal.arpa or
..local.arpa or whatever).

If the delegation is to AS112, I think the typo attacks become a
diminishing issue. Not sure, though.

Brian