Dick Franks <rwfra...@acm.org> wrote:

> The troublesome length bytes can be avoided by (ab)using a generic URI
> RR instead:

Indeed :-) The reason I wanted to make the attack work with TXT was the
example scenario targeted ACME dns-01, so it's more pointed if we imagine
the attacker has very limited access to update the zone. Also it's a fun
opportunity to try smuggling arbitrary binary data through a parser that
you might not expect would allow it.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Shannon: Westerly 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 at first in north,