Dear DNSOP,

I asked Dmitry to please bring this document to DNSOP for discussion;
DNSOP is where we generally discuss the use of different algorithms in
DNSSEC.
I'd appreciate it if the discussion can be kept to the DNS / DNSSEC
parts of the document (using the algorithms for DNSKEY, RRSIG, and DS
resource records), and not the crypto itself (CFRG / others are the
place for that).

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:06 PM Dmitry Belyavsky <beld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear DNSOP mailing list members,
>
> Please see the announcement of the draft describing using the
> GOST 2012 hash and digital signature algorithms for DNSSec.
>
> The document pretends to update 2 IANA registries.
>
> The 1st one implies the "RFC required" status:
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-sec-alg-numbers/dns-sec-alg-numbers.xhtml#dns-sec-alg-numbers-1
> so there are no problems with it.
>
> The 2nd one, unfortunately for me, requires "Standard action" status
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/ds-rr-types/ds-rr-types.xhtml#ds-rr-types-1
>
> so it makes impossible to pass it via ISE.
>
> I kindly ask to review the draft to make possible assigning the IANA codes
> for the algorithms.
> The implementation of the draft is also available, see
> https://github.com/beldmit/ldns/tree/gost2012 for details.
>
> Many thanks!

idea in the first place.
of pants.