Ah. Should have used the Oxford comma for clarity. I'm normally one of the
people who always uses it so that was probably an accidental omission.
There should be a comma before that last 'and'. I was describing the three
possible states for any query and response. We have all three scenarios in
production so it's critical to understand which one covers a given name
when troubleshooting issues. In each scenario, though, the name itself is
unique and in a domain tree over which we have global administrative
control.