Hello, I'm still a bit skeptical.

1. Validation without logging.
At the end of 3.1 you claim that mode is still useful.  When I focus on
intentional attacks, signing a malicious DS seems among the easiest
ones, and that can't be detected without the attacked machine doing
logging (the DS might be served to specific targets only).  Consequently
I'm doubtful about implementing and deploying such a "half-secure"
approach in validators, especially as the RFC draft feels very hazy
about the way logging might be done.

2. Amount of logging.
The draft implies it would allow to very significantly decrease the
amount of data that needs to be logged.  Zones without the bit perhaps
won't be logged, but I hope that wasn't a significant point.  The draft
doesn't explicitly say what would be logged; my conclusion for zones
using this bit is that "we" would need basically any authoritative (i.e.
signed) data except for NSEC* records that have DS bit and miss opt-out
bit.  Am I missing something?  As for large TLD zones, even in best
currently practical case the reduction seems by less than a half?
(missing DS bits in about half delegations) I expect that the whole
trust chains to the logged records are also needed, so that the logger
can prove they haven't forged the records.

--Vladimir