> On May 12, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Olafur
>
> Currently it's marked Standards Track, but I was working on the idea that the
> working group would make
> that decision as the document works toward Working Group Last Call.

Tim

Thanks for the clarification,

> I was reserving judgement until there was implementations, interoperability,
> etc.

Fair point

> Please feel free to register any thoughts on publication status at this time
> as well.
>
> Hope that helps

This draft is a result of a failure by the DNS community to create any kind of
framework to manage distributed name server clusters.
The draft is a “hack” of the best kind it is low impact but does the work for a
sub-set of usage cases that a real control plane should have.

I think making this document a standard would be a mistake.
I think NOT publishing this document at all would be a  BAD thing.

I support adoption and will review and continue to agrue against standards
track.

> tim

Olafur