IMHO, public DNS is not a technical jargon which needs a DNS terminology
RFC to record (it collects all DNS definition and terms from other DNS
RFC).

The term "Public DNS"  or "Public DNS service" belongs to the scope of how
people provide and operate DNS services to their best interests. There are
many similar terms, such as Cloud DNS,  Dynamic DNS, DNS firewall,  and
many DNS-attacking terms. BTW,  I'm happy to see there is a document to
define all DNS attacks and mitigation suggestions.

Best regards,
Davey