John R Levine <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> A week or two ago I scannned TLD zone files to see how many signed A and AAAA
> records there were.  Quite a lot, most looks to be orphan glue in Afilias
> zones that they didn't delete after the registered zone went away.

I vaguely remember a policy change in .com and .net years ago when they
stopped including orphan glue in the zones. Was this to do with prep work
for DNSSEC? I'm slightly surprised .org didn't follow suit.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Rattray Head to Berwick upon Tweed: Southwest 5 to 7, increasing gale 8 at