The essence of this draft is the addition of once sentence to RFC 1034:

  "If glue RRs do not fit set TC=1 in the header."

I worry that this is too ambiguous.  Does it mean all glue?  One glue?  As much
as will fit?

AFAIK most software today is designed to fill up the additional section with as
much glue as possible.  Is the name server allowed to add only some glue RRs,
even if more would fit (without truncating, or in a TCP response)?

Is the name server allowed to fill the additional with all records of one type,
AAAA or A, when the resolver might only have connectivity of the other type?

There is also the question of in-domain vs sibling-domain glue.  RFC 8499
(Terminology) notes that "Glue records for sibling domains are allowed, but not
necessary."  Should in-domain glue take priority over sibling-domain glue?  Can
sibling-domain glue be omitted even if it would fit?

DW