On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 12:52, Vittorio Bertola <
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com> wrote:

> Il 09/07/2020 08:53 tirumal reddy <kond...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Regarding section 4, in DPRIVE (on draft bcp-op) we have recently been
> told that the IETF does not recommend in its best practices anything which
> is not strictly technical (in that case, it was about communicating to
> users the jurisdiction under which DNS resolution is provided):
>

> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dns-privacy/rJ7R3OBUyySfEyJgwhoxs1DNGuc/
>
> So I would assume that that section is out of scope as well, and I would
> remove it.
>

> My understanding is the "jurisdiction" is out of scope but not RPS (see
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-12#section-6)
>
> Sure, those three points were agreed with Alissa as the scope of any
> statement that might be described in the best practice:
>
>    o  Relates _only_ to matters around to the technical operation of DNS
>       privacy services, and not on any other matters.
>
>    o  Does not attempt to offer an exhaustive list for the contents of
>       an RPS.
>
>    o  Is not intended to form the basis of any legal/compliance
>       documentation.
>
> So I would take that as guidance here as well: I don't think we can say
> whether it should contain regulatory information, redress measures etc.
> (though that would indeed be advisable).

Yes, I agree; will update the section to say:

   The content of the error page is non-normative, the above text only
   provides the guidelines and template for the error page and.

   o  Does not attempt to offer an exhaustive list for the contents of
      an error page.

   o  It is not intended to form the basis of any legal/compliance for
      developing the error page.

Cheers,
-Tiru

Also, in Italy the ISP, when blocking websites by court order, is required