Hi Ben, all,
i'd like to ask for some clarification of expected Authoritative server behaviour around Alias SVCB records:

1) when there are multiple Alias SVCB records for an owner name, should the Authoritative server put targeted records into Additionals for all of them, or just pick one? (Section 4.1 says "authoritative DNS servers SHOULD return A, AAAA, and SVCB records in the Additional Section for any in-bailiwick TargetNames", but section 2.4.2 will render it useless with "If multiple are present, clients or recursive resolvers SHOULD pick one at random." Which means, half (or most) of the additionals will get thrown away.)

2) When the TargetName points to an in-bailiwick CNAME, should the autoritative server populate the CNAME chain inside the Additional section? It seems to me (fortunately :) ), that following such CNAME is only required for Recursive resolvers, however e.g. this zone will thus need three upstream queries to fetch it all:
foo 3600 IN SVCB 0 bar
bar 3600 IN CNAME baz
baz 3600 IN SVCB 0 . alpn=...
baz 3600 IN AAAA 1::2

Thanks for your answers,
Libor

PS: is this e-mail thread the right place to ask for details clarification around SVCB features?