Hi,

On 3/18/21 6:42 PM, Tommy Pauly wrote:
> Personally, I’d prefer to see the name change, and not burn a codepoint,
> as long as we’re not breaking any zone files.

Agree.

> I think the question is: does anyone have a zone that has actually
> deployed the echconfig parameter? I see many responses with SVCB/HTTPS
> records, but none with the echconfig in practice. If someone is aware of
> a production deployment that can’t move, please speak up!

We released PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.4.0 with explicit draft-01
support. We can put the name-change in a future patch release, mention
this in the the upgrade docs and add some code to log that the old name
is in use for a few releases. We have not heard of any deployments that
use SVCB/HTTP.

Cheers,

Pieter