On 12 May 2021, at 17:03, Eric Orth <ericorth=40google....@dmarc.ietf.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 4:28 PM Brian Dickson <brian.peter.dick...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> response to a query for SVCB being a TXT record saying "I'm a teapot".
>
> Agreed that there is no such issue with either wire format if all parties in
> the ecosystem are bug-free and RFC-compliant.

Do you know of an example of a DNS authoritative or recursive server that does
return truncated RRSets in the ANSWER section?

I appreciate the value of scepticism when it comes to these kinds of things,
but I have never seen any data to suggest that this happens. So much of the DNS
depends on correct behaviour here that I'm dubious that this is a real concern.
If it's not a real concern, using it as justification for a particular design
decision seems worth questioning.

Joe