On 29Jul21, Geoff Huston allegedly wrote:

> For me it appears to depend on the actions of the resolver as to whether this
> would be faster
> or not. If all resolvers blindly re-query using TCP for all UDP responses
> where TC=1 is seen in

I'm not sure I follow this bit. Are you merely implying that the resolver
should first
consider a larger edns0 bufsize before resorting to TCP?

Or are you suggesting that responses with TC=1 should include as much of the
answers as
will fit and then the resolver can decide whether enough is enough?

That is, what do they look at to avoid a "blind requery"?

Mark.