We failed to send out a reminder, unfortunately, so we're extending the
submission date to this Friday (29 Oct 2021 11:59:59pm PDT).  As a
reminder: they're expected to be short abstracts about things you wish
to discuss or research you're working on -- IE, it shouldn't be a huge
effort to submit something.

FYI, I'm CCing the new DANCE WG since I think DANCE is a great example
how we're using the DNS in potentially new ways and DANCE participants
may be interested in participating as well.

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: Wes Hardaker <wjh...@hardakers.net>
To: dnsop@ietf.org
Cc: John Heidemann <jo...@isi.edu>
Subject: CFP for DINR 2021 workshop-Nov. 16 for early DNS research
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 08:41:38 -0700

Greetings, dnsop.  Last year we held a virtual research conference
called "DINR" which we invited dnsop working group participants to and
we'd like to extend that again this year.  Here's the CFP:

-----

We would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual workshop on "DNS and
Internet Naming Research Directions" (DINR). We will be holding this workshop
virtually over Zoom on 2021-11-16 from 14:00 to 20:00 UTC (that's 07:00-13:00
PDT on the US west coast).

If you're intereseted in DNS-related topics, infrastructure, have early early
DNS or naming work to share, or you want to hear about other people's work in
those areas, we'd love to have you join us. The principle focus of the workshop
will be on DNS and Internet naming, particularly on open problems, preliminary
work, and tools that help both.

We're planning for a very interactive day of discussion and short talks. We are
soliciting short (1 page text + 1 page references) abstracts from people who
are interested presenting. Abstracts are due soon (October 26), but they're
short. Co-chairs are John Heidemann and Wes Hardaker (both at USC/ISI).

For details about DINR2021, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2021/ . It
builds on last year's DINR2020, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2020/ what
we learned.

In addition, we will have a short tutorial about the DIINER experimental DNS
testbed and datasets on Nov. 18. For details about the tutorial, see
https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2021#tutorial

Please let us know if you're interested, or register your abstract at
https://ant.isi.edu/dinr2021sub .

-John and Wes

--
Wes Hardaker