> On 22 Feb 2022, at 10:29 pm, Vladimír Čunát <vladimir.cunat+i...@nic.cz>
> wrote:
>
> On 09/02/2022 22.41, Wes Hardaker wrote:
>> So I've re-arranged things a bit to hopefully address the flow better.
>> Let em know if you think further improvements are warranted.
>>
> I'd still probably suggest at least a minimalist change like:
> -Note that a validating resolver MUST still validate the signature
> +Note that a validating resolver returning an insecure response MUST still
> validate the signature

Hi Vladimir,

I’m not sure I follow that latter comment relating to "a validating resolver
returning an insecure response" - Do you mean:

a) - a DNSSEC-validation capable resolver responding to a query that had the CD
bit set?

b) - a DNSSEC-validation capable resolver responding to a query that had no
EDNS(0) extensions at all?

c) - a DNSSEC-validation capable resolver responding to a query that received
an NSEC record signed with an algorithm, that was not recognised by the
resolver?

Geoff