On Thu, 2022-04-21 at 16:45 +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > On 16 Apr 2022, at 05:24, Blacka, David <
> > davidb=40verisign....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
> >
> > RFC 4955

Wrt to the assignment of additional numbers for experiment, RFC 4955
says in Sec. 5:

> Alternately, the experiment MAY use the Object Identifier (OID)
> private algorithm space instead (using algorithm number 254), or MAY
> choose non-private algorithm numbers, although this would require an
> IANA allocation.

For reasons laid out in this thread, choosing the later option enhances
the experiments (cf. "MAY" RFC 2119) and is thus explicitly allowed. I
believe this is what Paul is proposing to do. I support such an
assignment.

Best,
Nils

--
deSEC e.V. · Kyffhäuserstr. 5 · 10781 Berlin · Germany

Vorstandsvorsitz: Nils Wisiol
Registergericht: AG Berlin (Charlottenburg) VR 37525