Hi, Mukund,

         This is Johnson, I'm very sorry to cause you so much trouble.

         I think the draft of draft-muks-dns-message-fragments that you submitted to the IETF is quite interesting and shows the importance of dns packet fragmentation in the DNS query process. It's a pity to see that this draft has expired. I want to see if it can be reactivated in the working group. Push the work forward and maybe it will become an RFC.

         Linjian Song and Shane Kerr are both my former colleagues.  I talked to them all about this draft and got some of their suggestions for it.

         Here's Shane Kerr's thoughts on this draft, which I think is a good suggestion.
         “I think it probably makes more sense to understand the behavior of DNS over QUIC:
            It should resolve the fragmentation issue, as well as working through most middleboxes, and providing authentication and encryption.

         Because I haven't contacted you before, and the draft was accidentally submitted by me, I asked Benno Overeinder to revoke the draft I submitted. But because this is a an individual submission, Benno Overeinder can't revoke the draft.  So I try to submit a draft to cover the previous drafts

         I'm very sorry for causing so much trouble to you because of my mistakes.  I hope we can keep this work going together.