On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 11:39 AM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farr...@cs.tcd.ie
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At IETF 113 a draft of mine [1] was presented (slides [2]) at the dispatch
> session. Part of the upshot there was to check with dnsop if people felt
> asking for adoption here would be the right plan for this draft.
>
> The draft is concerned with (re-)publishing ECHConfigList values in
> SVCB/HTTPS RRs as the keys for ECH are rotated, but in the context where
> the ECH private key holder and the DNS publishing entities differ. As an
> FYI, ECH interop servers operated by Cloudflare and by me rotate such keys
> hourly so some new automation is needed for cases where one does not have
> some kind of dynamic DNS API available.

<no hats, personal view only, objects in rear-view mirror may be closer
than they appear, etc/>
'k,  so about the only terms I recognize from the above are 'DNS' and 'RR'
- the rest are deep TLS arcana…. to my mind that makes it seem much more
like it should be adopted in something like TLS, with some input / review
from DNSOP / HTTPBIS…

P.S: Yeah, yeah, ok, I also recognized the others, but my point is that the
document is much more (to my mind) related to TLS and well-known URIs and
similar, and that the DNS bit is much more secondary...