Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency-00.txt
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 04:36:46 -0700
From: internet-dra...@ietf.org
To: Peter Thomassen <pe...@desec.io>

A new version of I-D, draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter Thomassen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency
Revision:       00
Title:          Ensuring CDS/CDNSKEY Consistency is Mandatory
Document date:  2022-07-09
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          5
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency-00.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency

Abstract:
   For maintaining DNSSEC Delegation Trust, DS records have to be kept
   up to date.  [RFC7344] automates this by having the child publish CDS
   and/or CDNSKEY records which hold the prospective DS parameters.
   Parent-side entities (e.g.  Registries, Registrars) can use these
   records to update the delegation's DS records.  A common method for
   detecting changes in CDS/CDNSKEY record sets is to query them
   periodically from the child zone ("polling"), as described in
   Section 6.1 of [RFC7344].

   This document specifies that if polling is used, parent-side entities
   MUST ensure that CDS/CDNSKEY record sets are equivalent across all of
   the child's authoritative nameservers, before taking any action based
   on these records.

The IETF Secretariat