On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 9:19 AM Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-d...@dukhovni.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 07:57:45AM -0700, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:
>
> > This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the
> IETF.
> >
> > Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bcp-05.txt
> > [...]
> > A diff from the previous version is available at:
> > https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bcp-05
>
> I support the latest tweak to first paragram of Section 2, which now
> reads:
>
>    What we refer to as "DNSSEC" is the third iteration of the DNSSEC
>    specification; [RFC2065] was the first, and [RFC2535] was the second.
>    Earlier iterations have not been deployed on a significant scale.
>    Throughout this document, "DNSSEC" means the protocol initially
>    defined in [RFC4033], [RFC4034], and [RFC4035].
>
> That said, when reading it through, it was not quite clear what "earlier
> iterations" meant.  Are these some hypothetical iterations that precede
> the "first" and "second", or just the "first" and "second" (as
> intended), or all three?
>
> To that end, perhaps a small clarification:
>
>     s/Earlier iterations have/The first two iterations had/

Alternative suggestion: s/Earlier/These earlier/
(Antecedents in English are one way to remove ambiguity.)

One question about the third iteration itself that I have: Is the mandatory
element "3" (the protocol field in DNSKEY record) related to this being the
third iteration?

It might be helpful to point that out somewhere in this document...

Brian