Not to the content, but a note I sent earlier was sent from the wrong address (as ISE).  The content is below, and should have been sent from my personal address (this one).  My apologies for any confusion.

Eliot

I'm with Dave on this.  There is nothing wrong with telling endpoints, “Don't transmit queries for .ALT."  That is indeed the whole point.  Paul, you're right: we can't stop applications from not doing this, but we can tell them what Good looks like.

Eliot