Hi,

Yesterday, I uploaded the below set of ideas for filling in the automation gaps
in DNSSEC multi-signer, in particular the key exchange problem between
multi-signing peers.

I'm planning to present this at the London meeting, so I wanted to give folks
as chance to take a look at it. I'm not sure myself if this is how it should be
done, but it will be interesting to learn what people think.

Best,
Peter

A new version of I-D, draft-thomassen-dnsop-mske-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter Thomassen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-thomassen-dnsop-mske
Revision:       00
Title:          DNSSEC Multi-Signer Key Exchange (MSKE)
Document date:  2022-10-24
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thomassen-dnsop-mske-00.html
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thomassen-dnsop-mske

Abstract:
   Answering DNSKEY/CDS/CDNSKEY queries in an [RFC8901] multi-signer
   DNSSEC configuration requires all operators to serve not only their
   own public key information, but also include each other's public
   keys.  This ensures that clients obtain a consistent view of the
   DNSSEC configuration regardless of who is answering a given query.
   In order to enable operators to import the keys needed for assembling
   these responses, a method for discovering them is necessary.

   This document specifies how DNS operators can announce which are the
   keys they intend to use for signing a given zone (DNSKEY) and which
   keys are designated for secure entry into the zone (CDS/CDNSKEY).  It
   further introduces the CNS record type to facilitate proactive
   discovery of the aforementioned signals.  Taken together, these parts
   function as an authenticated multi-signer key-exchange (MSKE) scheme.

   This MSKE mechanism uses the signaling mechanism introduced in
   [I-D.ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping] to complete the automated
   workflows described in [I-D.ietf-dnsop-dnssec-automation].

--
https://desec.io/