Hello.

I don't know... my opinions often differ from recommendations of this draft, but ultimately it's subjective to some degree.  As feedback was requested on IETF 115, let me highlight more significant differences in this e-mail, though I dislike arguing about (mostly) opinions.

Nit: the following part doesn't make sense to me, as signature validity period is normally way over the TTL anyway (and it's really a bug if it got shorter):

Section 8.1 of [RFC4033 <https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-01.html#RFC4033>] mention the ability by the resolver to set the upper bound of the TTL to the remaining signature validity period. This would at least reduce inconsistencies during regular KSK roll over.

Perhaps I'm really misunderstanding the other parts of the recommendation that follows afterwards.  (Also, operator RFC seems a weird place to define new algorithms for TTL handling.)  I thought the usual issues from bad rollovers aren't about records using bad (initial) TTL values but rather doing some steps too fast (or other mistakes).  Though yes, reduction of TTLs will reduce duration of transient mistakes.  And my understanding is that the referred-to (unfinished) revalidation draft won't change anything during key rollovers (e.g. clear cached records), even though key rollovers seem to be the focus in this section.

*  A DRO MUST be able to flush the cached data associated to a DNSKEY
From practical implementation perspective, I'd rather recommend flushing a subtree than additionally tracking which sets got validated by which keys.  (Or maybe that's considered to also satisfy the bullet?)  It's a nit basically, but let me post it, as the rule is with MUST in here.  Note that the rogue DNSKEY could sign delegations or other DNSKEYs, thereby in both cases populating (parts of) that subtree with data signed by *other* DNSKEYs.

Section 11. (Cryptography Deprecation Recommendations) seems to imply that *validator operator* would manage the set of supported DNSSEC algorithms.  I don't think that would be good advice.

RFC 6975 and the associated bullet serve as a red herring here - it's standardized but I haven't heard of anyone using it in practice, as it's just more convenient on signer side to use one good algorithm than to somehow serve different things to different resolvers (and I'm not even starting on multiple layers of DNS servers/caches).  RFC 8624 is the (missing) reference there, but I believe it's more for the IETF to choose/update and for vendors to implement.  Validator operators should just update their SW to get future updates of that, though this can be expected not to change for years.  We recently saw that the set of supported algorithms often isn't easy to configure and we reiterated other down-sides, when Red Hat tried hard to avoid SHA-1.

Nit: I wouldn't recommend RFC 5011, as I think it's more trouble than worth in practice.  Similarly with some of (root) TA bootstrapping mechanisms, but this draft is vague about recommending those anyway.

--Vladimir | knot-resolver.cz