Dear DNSOP,

I support advancing the document in its current form.

There's a broken sentence in Section 5:

"Care must be taken to ensure that the mapping of thepseudo-TLD into its
corresponding non-DNS name resolution system inorder to get whatever security is offered
by that system."

--> the "that" clause lacks a verb. (... ensure that the mapping ... [what]?)

At the occasion of fixing that, I'll also note two other suggestions /
potential improvements:

- Section 2: "wastes resources": whose? Only the root servers' mentioned in the same
sentence? Suggestion: "wastes resources on both the resolver and the root server side."

- Section 5: Amend the last sentence with something like "in particular, the risk of
collisions with and subsequent compromise through other naming systems existing now or in
the future should be considered". (I know the previous versions has something
similar, but this is less strong, and I think it's worthwhile pointing out what people
are getting into.)

Thanks,
Peter