On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 1:41 PM David Schinazi <dschinazi.i...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Moving the ECH/ESNI bits from draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https
> to draft-ietf-tls-esni seems to be the simplest option by far here. I
> strongly support that.
> David

Currently, draft-ietf-tls-esni runs to 40 pages excluding the references
and appendices.  I think we would do well to avoid making it even longer.
Also, the integration requirements touch on very different subject matter
from the ECH draft.  In addition to defining and registering a SvcParamKey,
the text in question also discusses how enabling ECH via SVCB alters the
SVCB client retry logic and HTTP Alt-Svc processing, along with several
examples.

More broadly, I think it's logical for ECH, like TLS itself, to be
specified without reference to DNS.  We have a very nice abstraction
boundary here, and we might as well use it.