(speaking as a chair)

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 5:22 PM John R Levine <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2023, Miek Gieben wrote:
> >> I think it's an interesting idea but I also don't want to spend time on
> it
> >> if it's just going to be filed and forgotten.
> >
> > I looked into this for https://github.com/miekg/dns
> >
> > The option is trivial to implemented (in an auth server). I.e. seems
> similar
> > to NSID.
>
> I agree that it's not hard to do.  But the Camel reminds us that there is
> an unlimited number of hacks that would be easy to implement, but not
> necessarily that anyone would use.  Hence my question about whether
> anyone's implemented it.
> '

John

While you are correct on remembering the camel, the "OP" part of DNSOP
stands for "Operations" (DNSOP for the Operators!), I try to judge new work
with a another question "does this make it easier for operators to deploy
and
benefit from?"

(now speaking as myself)
In this case  I do feel this would be useful and will be used by operators.
And more so than ZoneMD, because as George point, it's a different class of
checks.

tim