Moin!

On 22 May 2023, at 18:20, Tommy Pauly wrote:
> 1.1.1.1 - NOERROR, works fine!
> 9.9.9.9 - NOERROR, works fine!
> 8.8.8.8 - FORMERR on all responses
> dns.adguard-dns.com - SERVFAIL on all responses
>
> Do we think that this should be allowed in queries (and thus this is a bug in
> resolvers like 8.8.8.8 or AdGuard)? Or is there a problem with the approach
> this document is suggesting?

As long as the OPT RR is properly formatted what it should be reading your
description and the correct answer from 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 this should be ok,
but it for sure would be good to have a bigger sample size, maybe including
what software actually runs the service (which might be custom for some public
resolvers).

So long
-Ralf
——-