Thank you for your reply Shivan,

Your comment cleared some things up for me:

> The draft surveyed several widely deployed techniques and synthesized best
> current practices. The technique you're proposing is a new technique, and
> worth considering in its own separate document by the DNSOP working group.

It's now clear that our technique is not widely deployed and so I understand
that it might not be relevant for a Best Current Practice document. I think
this could be a lack of understanding on my part about how BCP documents work
and so I'll do some reading on that.

Thanks for your help,

Elliott