Duane/Evan/Mukund/All,

What do feel is the consensus on lowering the value to 1 second ?
>From the previous suggested text:

    Resolvers MUST cache resolution failures for at least 1 second.
    The initial duration SHOULD be configurable by the operator.  A
    longer cache duration for resolution failures will reduce the
    processing burden from repeated queries, but will also lengthen
    the recovery period from transitory issues.

It does sound like this paragraph works better.

    Resolvers SHOULD employ an exponential or linear backoff algorithm to
increase
    the amount of time for subsequent resolution failures.  For example,
    the initial time for negatively caching a resolution failure is set
    to 5 seconds.  The time is increased after each retry that results in
    another resolution failure.  Consistent with [RFC2308], resolution
    failures MUST NOT be cached for longer than 5 minutes.

May we get some feedback on this?

thanks

tim