see inline.

Shumon Huque wrote on 2023-08-08 12:13:
At any rate, as I've remarked before, I'm not convinced that the optimizations offered in Compact DoE were actually necessary as an operational matter. But I'll leave it to our colleagues at Cloudflare to argue that case. My interest in publishing this spec is (1) to officially record one of the now dominant implementations of DNSSEC amongst the commercial online DNS signers, and (2) to restore more precise NXDOMAIN visibility.

+1.

also: provide coherent implementation guidance for operators who want this.

--
P Vixie