1: Please add to the Abstract saying what this changes in RFC2308, and how
it obsoletes RFC8499.
E.g: "This document updates RFC 2308 by clarifying the definitions of
Forwarder and QNAME, and obsoletes RFC 8499 by adding multiple terms and
additional clarifications. A comprehensive list can be fond in Appendix A
and B."

Strong nit:
Abstract:
"The terminology used by implementers and developers of DNS protocols, and
by operators of DNS systems, has sometimes changed in the decades since the
DNS was first defined."
 — I still (I commented on this when RFC8499 was originally sent to me)
really dislike the "has sometimes changed" phrasing. The terminology
**has** changed in the decades since the DNS was first defined — individual
terms may not have, but "The terminology has … changed in the decades since
the DNS was first defined." - this is clearly editorial / a personal
opinion (and I'll progress it if the authors *really* want to keep it like
this), but I think ti would be much better if it were changed.