Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-caching-resolution-failures-07: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-caching-resolution-failures/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for
draft-ietf-dnsop-caching-resolution-failures-07

Thank you for the work put into this document. It should indeed be VERY useful !

Please find belowsome non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Andrew McConachie for the shepherd's write-up *but it lacks*
the justification of the intended status.

Other thanks to Carlos Pignataro , the Internet directorate reviewer, please
consider this int-dir review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dnsop-caching-resolution-failures-07-intdir-telechat-pignataro-2023-09-06/
(I have read Duane's reply, thanks)

Other thanks to Peter van Dijk, the DNS directorate reviewer, please consider
this dns-dir review (as a follow-up of his Last Call review):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dnsop-caching-resolution-failures-07-dnsdir-telechat-van-dijk-2023-09-04/

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

# COMMENTS

## Abstract

`RFC 2308 specifies requirements for DNS negative caching` should this
statement only apply to (2) responses and not (1) responses (as this would be
positive caching) ?

## Section 2.2 (and other places)

Is there a reason why EXAMPLE.COM is in uppercase in the text ? This is really
unusual.

Please follow RFC 5952 and write IPv6 address is lower case (BTW thanks for
using modern addressing)