On 9/19/23 21:48, Tim Wicinski wrote:
This Document will update  7344 and 8078 if approved.

The Document updates brings up something I wanted to raise.
Peter and I chatted about some simple nits (remove references from the
abstract),
but I wasn't sure if the sections updating older documents was formal enough.
DNSOP has produced a few documents recently that update previous work
(8767, 8020 and 9077 come to mind), and we are advice on that.
(I may very well be overthinking this, which is what I told Peter)

Thank you for suggesting this.

We've added a section on these RFC updates. It reads as follows (the first
paragraph was just moved up from another section, and the second is a
clarification):

2.  Updates to RFCs

   The DS enrollment methods described in Section 3 of [RFC8078] are
   deprecated and SHOULD NOT be used.  Child DNS Operators and Parental
   Agents who wish to use CDS/CDNSKEY records for initial DS enrollment
   SHOULD instead support the authentication protocol described in
   Section 4 of this document.

   In order to facilitate publication of signaling records for the
   purpose of DNSSEC bootstrapping (see Section 4.1), the first bullet
   ("Location") of [RFC7344] Section 4.1 is removed.

Best,
Peter

--
https://desec.io/