On 10/27/23 11:51, Johan Stenstam wrote:
Extra vantage points are a mitigation for the (prevalent) lack of signatures
during bootstrapping; once authentication is handled, there's no need for it.

I get that. But, as you know from both the draft and the presentation I made at
OARC some weeks ago, this is really not about how to make scanners slightly
less inefficient.

Ack

But I have to ask: is your point just that I should get my math right or is
your point that scanners are fine, every parent should run one and there is no
problem to solve?

Purely the former!

Scanners are, of course, inefficient, and notifications are a way to improve
that. I just think that as we are making comparisons, with arguments whose
strength is (in part) based on the number of queries needed, we should get the
order of magnitude right, to make the comparisons as helpful as possible.
That's all! :)

Best,
Peter

--