I think what we have here is (as Daffy Duck famously put it) "pronoun
trouble".

The target for a NOTIFY would necessarily be found in the SOA record of the
registrant's zone, not the parent's zone. I think that's where the
confusion has arisen.

The SOA record would need to be initially configured appropriately, based
on instructions from the Registrar (for example), or the CCTLD operator
(for non-RRR situations).
That initial step is converting what would otherwise have needed to be
out-of-band into an in-band mechanism.
NB: that information would be intended for human consumption and zone
configuration, or for use by appropriate tools that get supplied the
parameter(s). I don't think specifying locations for tooling to scrape data
and use it is a good idea.

The NOTIFY would most likely be signaling the existence of something like a
CDS and/or CDNSKEY record.

The NOTIFY would not be sent to a destination derived from the parent
zone's SOA, in all likelihood.

BTW, this use of registrant's zone's SOA.MNAME supports both the non-hidden
master/signer, and the hidden master/signer use cases, AFAICT.

Brian