Moin!

On 9 Nov 2023, at 17:46, Ben Schwartz wrote:

> Thus far, I don't think we've heard from any browser vendors who believe that
> it would be prudent and worthwhile to display server-generated error pages of
> this kind to ordinary end-users on their personal devices.  Absent that
> support, I think it would not be sensible for us to try to develop such a
> mechanism.

Well not sure if it counts as browser vendor, but the POC we showed 2 IETFs ago
had a browser displaying a page using a browser plugin. And IMHO I have seen
worse browser plugins ;-).

> (If such a browser vendor did appear, I would argue against them on both
> security and human rights grounds.)

I don’t know what human rights have to do with that, but I don’t see a problem
if a browser displays a DNS Error message and then with warnings tells the user
that his provider has a page here to get more information. It could even
authenticate the domain using DNSSEC or WebPKI.

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber