On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 6:08 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@icann.org>
wrote:

> [[Forwarding this to DNSOP because apparently the IESG forgot to...]]

Thank you.

> The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
> following status changes:
>
> - RFC5933 from Proposed Standard to Historic
> (Use of GOST Signature Algorithms in DNSKEY and RRSIG Resource Records for
> DNSSEC)

So, the IANA has a question:
IANA Question --> What about the registrations that currently reference
RFC5933?

Should the registrations currently referencing RFC5933 be marked
"OBSOLETE," "DEPRECATED," changed in some other way, or left alone?

If IANA is asked to make changes to these registrations, IANA will add a
link to the status change document to the registrations."
—---

Seeing as GOST R34.10-2001 and GOST R 34.11-94. GOST 34.10-2001 and GOST
34.11-94 were deprecated by the Orders of the Federal Agency for Technical
Regulation and Metrology of Russia (Rosstandart) in August 2012, and
RFC5933 is being made historic (replaced by draft-makarenko-gost2012-dnssec
which describes how to use the GOST 2012 algs), I think that "OBSOLETE, see
<new RFC number>" is best, but I wanted the WG's input…

[0]: This happened because the AD (me) requests that IETF LC be started,
and then the secretariat actually kicks it off. In this case I requested it
over the weekend, and was out on Monday.